We are excited about your interest in hiring Gauchos! We have hundreds of students at any given time looking for full-time, part-time, on-campus, and internship opportunities. UCSB has more than 200 majors, degrees, and credentials offered through five schools and a graduate division. Whether you are looking to hire a Ph.D. researcher, a mid-level manager, or an entry-level employee, our talented students possess the right skill set to meet your hiring objectives.
Browse our tips and resources below to learn more about recruiting at UCSB and our premium recruitment platform, Handshake. We look forward to connecting you to our beautiful campus and helping you find the talent you need for your organization’s growth and success!
New services and resources to prepare for a virtual recruitment season of Gaucho connections:
- Explore our cost-effective "Advertise and Promote" Marketing Bundle and "Recruit On-Campus" Recruiting Bundle
- Save the date for our 2021 Fall Career & Internship Fair and more! Registration opens soon.
- Business & Beyond: October 19, 2021
- Social Services & Helping Professions: October 21, 2021
- Science, Technology & Engineering: October 27, 2021
- Email Employer.Services@sa.ucsb.edu for assistance with your virtual recruiting plan
Start Recruiting Gaucho Talent
Begin Your Search Today
Handshake is UCSB’s online gateway to posting positions. Every student has access to Handshake and this is the first place they go when looking for opportunities.
Companies who are most successful in recruiting at UCSB are constantly working to build a consistent presence on campus.
An internship program can be a cost-effective method for identifying candidates for full-time hires and interns become goodwill ambassadors for your intern pipeline.
Recruit Students Virtually
COVID-19 has thrown an interesting twist into campus recruiting but FEAR NOT! It is still possible -and easy- to create and maintain a recruiting relationship with UCSB and our students through virtual means. Here’s how:
Handshake: Having a robust presence on Handshake is the first step in maintaining an electronic connection with UCSB students. Every student has access to Handshake and this is the first place they go when looking for opportunities. Make sure to keep your postings active! Click HERE for directions on how to register for a Handshake user account and post positions.
Virtual Information Session/Webinar: Information sessions are vital for information sharing and brand building on campus and you can host one from your office/remote workspace. Requests go through Handshake and you can host the session via your conferencing platform or we can host you via Zoom. Request one by logging into Handshake, selecting “+Create an Event,” and then selecting “virtual” as the format. Don’t forget to include a URL to your session.
Email Blasts: An email blast is an easy and effective way to get your opportunity in front of qualified and interested students. An email blast is a message we craft specifically for your program or posting, working collaboratively with you to create the message and identify students based on certain qualifications. We streamline the application process, including links to your job(s) and carefully schedule the timing of delivery for maximum exposure. Click HERE to learn more.
Career Fairs/Student Mixers: We will be hosting several virtual fairs via Handshake. Click here to learn more!
- Winter Career & Internship Fair: January 21, 2021 from 11:00am-4:00pm
- Spring Career & Internship Fair: April 2021
- End of the Year Job Fair: May 2021
Remote Internships: We urge you to speak individually with your spring and summer interns to discuss their plans. We highly encourage you to consider either remote accommodations for your interns or to consider pushing back the start date of your internship program. If you have any questions, please reach out to our Internship and Experience Manager at CareerInternships@sa.ucsb.edu. You can also check out this resource from Parker Dewey to help you get started with building a successful remote internship and also register for helpful workshops through Internbridge.
- NEW-Micro Internships: We are excited to announce a new opportunity for employers to offer short-term, professional, paid work experiences to current students through Micro-Internships. Through Micro-Internships, students can demonstrate their skills, explore career paths, and develop their professional networks. Unlike a traditional internship, these paid opportunities typically range from 5 to 40 hours of work, and many can be completed remotely. Not only does this help the students, but it allows employers to get immediate support and enhance your company’s pipeline for future interns and new hires. To learn more and post projects, visit UCSB’s Micro-Internship page and create a profile to get started.
Virtual Interviews (HANDSHAKE BASED VIRTUAL INTERVIEWS ARE TEMPORARILY CLOSED): We encourage you to hold virtual interviews with our students and believe that this will be the best method since many will be away from campus.
- NEW: If your company is looking to conduct interviews virtually, you can manage those schedules through Handshake! Click here to learn more: https://support.joinhandshake.com/hc/en-us/articles/360045688654-Hosting-Virtual-Interviews. We recommend step 2 - adding the virtual meeting link to the interviewer slots.
Recruiting relationships and employer brand are important to any University Recruiting program and we know that a presence on campus helps maintain that relationship. Remote technology and connecting with UCSB students virtually can be easy and effective and we want to help you with that. We hope you will reach out to us so we can work together to maintain your campus presence.
M–F 8:30 a.m.–4:30 p.m.
Some services available After Hours
Call for hours during university breaks
Career Services, Bldg. 599
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, California 93106-7140
Career Services is located in Building 599, the pink building next to Storke Tower