We are excited about your interest in hiring Gauchos! We have hundreds of students at any given time looking for full-time, part-time, on-campus, and internship opportunities. UCSB has more than 200 majors, degrees, and credentials offered through five schools and a graduate division. Whether you are looking to hire a Ph.D. researcher, a mid-level manager, or an entry-level employee, our talented students possess the right skill set to meet your hiring objectives.
Browse our tips and resources below to learn more about recruiting at UCSB and our premium recruitment platform, Handshake. We look forward to connecting you to our beautiful campus and helping you find the talent you need for your organization’s growth and success!
Sign up for a Group Employer Information Session and learn first-hand about the services we provide, such as:
- Quarterly Career Fairs
- In-person and virtual information sessions
- Marketing/brand-building options
Start Recruiting Gaucho Talent
Begin Your Search Today
Handshake is UCSB’s online gateway to posting positions. Every student has access to Handshake and this is the first place they go when looking for opportunities.
Companies who are most successful in recruiting and promoting at UCSB are constantly working to build a consistent presence on campus.
An internship program can be a cost-effective method for identifying candidates for full-time hires and they become goodwill ambassadors for your intern pipeline.
It is possible -and easy- to create and maintain a recruiting relationship with UCSB and our students through virtual means.
Companies that are most successful in recruiting at UCSB are constantly working to build a consistent presence on campus. Follow the strategies below to ensure you have a successful recruiting experience at UCSB.
Contact us with any questions. The Employer Services Team looks forward to connecting you to our beautiful campus and helping you find the talent you need for your company’s growth and success!
Career Fairs are among the most effective ways to gain visibility and connect with students.
We look forward to connecting with you at our job and internship fairs!
- Fall 2023 Job + Internship Fair, Thursday, October 19, 2023
- Graduate + Professional Schools Fair, Thursday, October 26, 2023
- Winter 2024 Job + Internship Fair (Day 1/STEM), Wednesday, January 24, 2024
- Winter 2024 Job + Internship Fair (Day 2/SHEF Social Sciences, Humanities, Education, and Fine Arts), Thursday, January 25, 2024
- Spring Job + Internship Fair: Thursday, April 18, 2024
- End of the Year Job + Internship Fair: Wednesday, May 15, 2024
Career Services will be offering the On-Campus Interview (OCI) Program as follows:
- Fall 2023 - Virtual, Room Only, Pre-select & Open sign-up Interviews
- Winter 2024 - under review
- Spring 2024 - under review
For interview start/end dates, please refer to the recruitment calendar.
Interview Schedule Types available to employers:
- Virtual Interviews - Employers are reserving a “virtual” space and will connect with students from Handshake through an external link to their company website. For more details, read Handshake articles about Hosting Virtual Interviews and Conducting Virtual Interviews.
- Room Only - This option is to reserve a room and build your own interview schedule independent of Handshake. This option will give you the most flexibility as you will not be using Handshake for signing up students for interviews. This is a great option if you are planning to meet students at an on-campus event and want to then invite those you prefer to an interview in the days following the event.
- Pre-selects to Alternates - If you are interested in managing your applicants and interview schedule in Handshake please use this option. Preselect to Alternate gives you the option to select students who meet your screening requirements and gives students the option to sign up for available interview slots via Handshake. Primary and alternate student choices are selected after the application period. Primaries are allowed to sign up before the alternates.
For more details, read Handshake articles about On-Campus Interviews Overviews and Interview Schedule Types.
Host your information session with us! Information sessions are a great way to connect with UCSB students virtually or in-person.
Benefits of Info Sessions:
- Build Your Brand: Showcase your organization and strengthen your presence on campus.
- Highlight Opportunities: Share career opportunities and openings available within your organization.
Virtual and In-Person Options:
- Virtual Info Sessions: Connect seamlessly with UCSB students anywhere in the world! Use your preferred video conferencing platform (Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams, etc.) to effortlessly live-stream your event to UCSB students.
- In-Person Info Sessions: Reach out to us to schedule an event if you prefer to visit our campus. Interact with students face-to-face and foster meaningful connections.
How It Works:
- Choose Your Format: Select either a virtual or in-person info session based on your preferences and needs.
- Schedule Your Session: Coordinate with our team to set the date and time that works best for you. Reach out to our team to discuss available dates and further details.
- Engage with Students: Make a memorable impact by presenting your organization and career opportunities.
Cost (for in-person events):
- Events scheduled within business hours (9am-5pm): $100
- Events scheduled in the evening hours (5pm-7pm): $200
Please note that a nominal fee applies to help cover the overall maintenance and provide administrative support, ensuring the success of your event. A complimentary digital parking pass will be included.
Let’s start planning your upcoming event! Click here to submit a contact form.
Career Services offers a ‘buffet’ of useful marketing options to get the word out about your organization and your opportunities on our campus. This process is completely individualized based on the needs/desires of your organization, and you have complete control. Options include:
- Targeted Handshake Email Blast
Send an organization-specific (your organization only) email through Handshake to the target student group that best fits your hiring needs. Links to your website, program, or position may be included to streamline information sharing. Request an Email Blast here or more information by contacting Diana Seder at email@example.com.
- Employer Spotlight Slide
Create a slide yourself or provide content for us to create a slide for your organization highlighting your recruiting activity. Slides will be posted to our Instagram and Facebook accounts 3-4 days before your event(s). Request an Employer Spotlight Slide here or more information by contacting Ali Anderson at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Social Media Takeover
Stream your company’s hiring content on UCSB’s active social media sites. You will have ‘control’ of the sites for 2 hours to brand and promote your firm to UCSB students. Request a Social Media Takeover here or more information by contacting Ali Anderson at email@example.com.
Each marketing buffet activity costs $100, with increasing discounts applied for additional activities.
- 2 items with 10% discount ($200-$20=$180)
- 3 items with 15% discount ($300-$45=$255)
- 4 items with 20% discount ($400-$80=$320)
For more information on this or any other marketing needs, please contact Employer.Services@sa.ucsb.edu.