We are excited about your interest in hiring Gauchos! We have hundreds of students at any given time looking for full-time, part-time, on-campus, and internship opportunities. UCSB has more than 200 majors, degrees, and credentials offered through five schools and a graduate division. Whether you are looking to hire a Ph.D. researcher, a mid-level manager, or an entry-level employee, our talented students possess the right skill set to meet your hiring objectives.
Browse our tips and resources below to learn more about recruiting at UCSB and our premium recruitment platform, Handshake. We look forward to connecting you to our beautiful campus and helping you find the talent you need for your organization’s growth and success!
Sign up for a Group Employer Information Session and learn first-hand about the services we provide, such as:
- Quarterly Career Fairs
- In-person and virtual information sessions
- Marketing/brand-building options
Start Recruiting Gaucho Talent
Begin Your Search Today
Handshake is UCSB’s online gateway to posting positions. Every student has access to Handshake and this is the first place they go when looking for opportunities.
Companies who are most successful in recruiting and promoting at UCSB are constantly working to build a consistent presence on campus.
An internship program can be a cost-effective method for identifying candidates for full-time hires and they become goodwill ambassadors for your intern pipeline.
It is possible -and easy- to create and maintain a recruiting relationship with UCSB and our students through virtual means.
Champion career success of UCSB students through strategic investment! Beyond joining the UCSB Career Services Alliance Program, your company/organization can select one of the following initiatives to support our students:
- Dress to impress
- Replenish the UCSB Career Closet with professional attire (e.g. suits, ties, pants, blouses, jackets)
- Empower students to conquer the professional world with their personal style and flair
- Foster a sense of belonging
- Fund career programming and events for students of color, students with disabilities, first-generation, international, LGBTQ, military, transfer, undocumented, and/or women
- Spark engagement across diverse backgrounds where they feel supported and valued
- Capture a perfect picture
- Enhance personal brand with access to free high-quality photos
- Help students present a polished image as they venture off into the world of work
Shape career future
Prepare students to make a successful transition from college into the workforce by discussing topics such as Financial Literacy for Recent Graduates or Navigating the World as a Young Professional
Inspire the next generation of leaders for career success by providing unique perspectives from knowledgeable professionals
Building Access (M-F)
Building Access: 8:30 am- 4:00 pm
CRR Access: 10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Closed during official university holidays
See advising section for service-specific hours
Appointment Hours (M-F)
Peer Drop-In Hours: 10 am to 4 pm
Peer Appt Hours: 10 am to 4 pm
Counselor Appt Hours: 8:30 am to 4:30 pm
See the Advising section for service-specific hours
Career Services, Bldg. 599
University of California, Santa Barbara
Santa Barbara, California 93106-7140