We are excited about your interest in hiring Gauchos! We have hundreds of students at any given time looking for full-time, part-time, on-campus, and internship opportunities. UCSB has more than 200 majors, degrees, and credentials offered through five schools and a graduate division. Whether you are looking to hire a Ph.D. researcher, a mid-level manager, or an entry-level employee, our talented students possess the right skill set to meet your hiring objectives.
Browse our tips and resources below to learn more about recruiting at UCSB and our premium recruitment platform, Handshake. We look forward to connecting you to our beautiful campus and helping you find the talent you need for your organization’s growth and success!
Sign up for a Group Employer Information Session and learn first-hand about the services we provide, such as:
- Quarterly Career Fairs
- In-person and virtual information sessions
- Marketing/brand-building options
Start Recruiting Gaucho Talent
Begin Your Search Today
Handshake is UCSB’s online gateway to posting positions. Every student has access to Handshake and this is the first place they go when looking for opportunities.
Companies who are most successful in recruiting and promoting at UCSB are constantly working to build a consistent presence on campus.
An internship program can be a cost-effective method for identifying candidates for full-time hires and they become goodwill ambassadors for your intern pipeline.
It is possible -and easy- to create and maintain a recruiting relationship with UCSB and our students through virtual means.
UCSB Career Services Alliance Program
Membership Benefits and Levels
Get ready for an extraordinary alliance with UC Santa Barbara (UCSB)! Become a member and play a pivotal role in shaping the trajectory of UCSB students’ career achievements. Our committed Employer Engagement Team is here to provide you with personalized service to build your brand and increase visibility on campus.
Joining the Career Services Alliance Program provides an opportunity to align your hiring objectives and streamline your recruitment efforts. At Career Services, we value the principles of diversity, equity, and inclusion (DEI) as catalysts for innovation and success. We look forward to collaborating with employers who also share in our commitment to foster DEI within the workplace.
The Career Services Alliance Program runs from September 1 - August 31. Memberships are welcome any time after September 1, however, benefits expire on an annual basis on August 31.
Participate in the program and gain public recognition across campus through your annual sponsorship!
This level is available to for-profit organizations in all fields and industries.
This level is available to nonprofits with 501(c)(3) status, government, education, early-stage start-ups and small businesses (eligible for two years after submitting their business name registration).
NOTE: If employers offer a stipend or unpaid internships, they must abide by U.S. Department of Labor Fair Labor Standards Act.
We want your experiences on campus to be extraordinary.
- Career fair registration and one digital parking permit (1x/year)
- Information session registration and one digital parking permit (1x/year)
- Targeted Handshake emails, e.g., company, event, position (3x/year)
- A 30-minute presentation during Career Services staff meeting (1x/year)
- Contact information of staff advisor to one academic department (1x/year)
- Contact information of student leadership to one student organization (1x/year)
We want your expertise to achieve overall objectives.
- Guest speaking/presentation opportunity e.g.panel, workshop (1x/year)
- Student engagement opportunity during quarter break, e.g. employer site visit (1x/year)
- Invitation to Career Champion celebration (June)
- Strategic planning meeting with Employer Outreach Manager and Associate Director about recruitment and best practices (1x/year)
We want to make it easy to engage with students.
- Prime location at Career Services events
- Priority invitation to Career Services events and information sessions
We want students to know your name.
- Promotion of open positions, e.g., website, newsletter (3x/year)
- Strategic placement of logo in highly visible locations at Career Services, e.g., website, newsletter, library
For important dates to consider for this upcoming academic year, review our Recruitment Calendar.
If interested in joining the UCSB Career Services Alliance Program, email Jo Ann Villanueva-Salvador, Associate Director, at email@example.com. Once information is confirmed, you will need to sign a contract and finalize payment through Handshake.
NOTE: Employers must abide by the U.S. Department of Labor Fair Labor Standards Act if they offer a stipend or unpaid internships.